Wednesday, November 21, 2012

ASU - UCLA Game

I mentioned in the blog post about the neighborhood Halloween party the tough ASU loss earlier in the day.  That was to UCLA.  I took MM along with Featha and Uncle Zach, and she had a good time.  She enjoys riding the light rail and likes Sparky.  In the stadium, she wanted to descend the stairs to the railing and look over, which I let her do before the game started (we arrived about 20 min's early, my preference).  I bought us a lemonade Sprite and we walked around at halftime.  She mostly sat on the aisle step next to me and watched a couple young boys in front of us.

I wish the game had turned out differently.  The Devils started fairly strong but gave UCLA a touchdown right before the half, then didn't do much in the 3rd quarter.  They gave up some big plays on defense.  Still, they hung in there and rallied in the 4th, taking a one point lead with just over a minute to go.  The UCLA QB (from Chandler, no less) led the Bruins on a drive to get into field goal position, and their to-that-point hapless kicker nailed it as the clock ran out.  That QB of theirs is going to be quite good.  The loss started a losing streak we only just recovered from last Sat., against Washington St.  I hope the offense re-gained their confidence 'cause they're going to need it badly this Fri. against the Stink of A.  GO DEVILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment