Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sad Abortion Article

Lengthy piece in the New York Times Magazine called "The New Abortion Providers."  Obviously slanted, not just in language but in thrust and outlook.  Still, an interesting read.  I had no idea that the "Oracle of Omaha," Warren Buffett, and his former wife essentially bankroll the abortion industry in the United States.  All that money put to such evil ends.  The article wants to champion the fact that women make up many of the new providers -- look at the two women pictured at top, the second of whom is quoted frequently -- yet cannot quite avoid the conflict and difficulty that women face when performing the procedure.  To her credit, the author does include the thoughts and feelings of a female abortionist who killed an 18-week old baby while herself 18 weeks pregnant.  How really representative are women doctors like this?  Do they represent a minority or majority?  I cannot even imagine the quandary a woman and mother would face when performing an abortion on another woman.  I can't imagine they can always maintain a clinical, dispassionate air.  Better to avoid it altogether.  At any rate, while the article ends upbeat -- "we have lots of money and are training new doc's and are making miniscule progress in getting abortions into mainstream places like hospitals and offices" -- I wish them the worst of luck and hope they are defeated.

1 comment: