Monday, August 29, 2011

2 Signs I'm Getting Old

1. The Dog, who is the same age as me in dog years, just had surgery for a torn ACL.  He's been running with me since I started, including a 23 miler I did last year training for a marathon.  He climbed to the top of the Flat Iron in the Superstitions and Finger Rock near Kingman with me.  We've walked and jogged hundreds of miles together.  And he tore his ACL.  Is catastrophic injury of one of these old bones/muscles/ligaments far behind for me?

2. I'm starting to look at young kids, like at the mall, with disdain.  Like the maitre'D in that great scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, who "weeps for the future."  The thought that these derelict boys are going to chase my girls scares me, and the sight of these proto-slut girls saddens me.  Contempt for teenagers is surely a sign of getting old.

Plus I'm officially in my mid-30s now, yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment