Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Humphreys Hike: Way Up

For the long weekend we went up to Williams.  I talked my boss into allowing me to work at the Flagstaff office Fri. afternoon so that we could leave in the morning and avoid the traffic.  Bobbins and the girls got some shopping in before picking me up and having dinner at PP Pizza.

Sat. we wanted to try out the Kelty kids backpack we got from Aunt Nadia (thanks again!).  Bobbins suggested Mt. Humphreys, which she would later regret.  For some reason she forgot that if I start out to hike something, I have to finish it.  This is the highest peak in AZ.  As it turned out, we only made it to the saddle, at about 12,000 feet.  Hauling 20 and 25 pound kids in thin air proved more than we bargained for.  We left the cabin at 7:30am and got home at 7:30pm.  Though exhausted, it was a good time.  Thankfully Bobbins had already prepared dinner (meat/rice stuffed bell peppers), which we devoured.

On to the photos of the way up:


Our little Alfalfa

We started her out in this older backpack, but Bobbins abandoned it for the Ergo.  I should say Bobbins made me run back to the Sequoia 1/5 mile into the trail...






       

      


Our first pit stop
      

No comments:

Post a Comment