Tuesday, October 23, 2012
A Bowl 2012
Based on his outing last year, Zach once again participated in the Academic Bowl a couple weeks ago. I got the intro's to his 1st match and some of his 2nd match on video, but not his last, against CLAS Gold. That one was a thriller and came down to the last question. Zach's team, Engineering Gold, started strong, then faded in the face of a CLAS onslaught. They mounted a little comeback, though, and got w/i 5pts at the last question. The moderator, a Dean from the College of Education (!), was horrendous. I'm not sure she could've been much worse in mis-pronouncing words/names, re-reading questions, and other mistakes. Her mis-pronunciations threw Zach and his team off on that last question, and the CLAS Gold tool was able to decipher her first to form the answer, sealing the win. Zach's team was so close. Maybe next year. The video's a tad long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, she was really bad. If I were a graduate of the College if Education I would be embarrassed.
ReplyDelete