So with Julia coming we needed a new twin bed. Bobbins called me at work all excited one day, saying she had found the perfect frame that was white and would match the furniture. And best of all, it was only $1! When I got home I unloaded the bundles and placed them in the blue room (first photo below, at left). I quickly realized there was no headboard...and no footboard...and no feet. It was all sideboards. Undaunted, I stripped off the 1x on all but two of the sideboards, then cut four 16" legs out of a 2x4 and sanded & painted them. We got some hardware from Ace. I cut down the remaining boards to support the mattress. Luckily I had a couple other pieces of 1x (the non-white ones) to fill in. I think it turned out alright, although we'll see once someone actually sleeps on it. Now, to get a mattress....
No comments:
Post a Comment