For our annual camping trip, we set out east of Star Valley near Christopher Creek, which was closed due to the shutdown. We pulled onto a dirt road, drove down a bit, and selected our site. Kevin and I got to work building the fire and pitching tents. Bobbins, ever hungry, got to work making homemade popcorn once the fire got going.
To give the kids something to do, Kevin and I built a teepee. We cut in half an angled tree to make the initial A, then chopped a bunch of fallen logs to stack against it, covering it with leaves. It took us a couple hours and it was a blast.
Later, he and I took all the kids minus Sam down toward the creekbed, which had a number of pools with crawdads for the kids to play/splash in and for The Dog to drink from. It was another fun hour of walking around.
We had fired hot dogs for dinner, to Bobbins' consternation, but which tasted great to Julia, the girls, and I. It wouldn't be a true American camping experience without smores. Julia made her own and seemed to enjoy it. For school that week she wrote an essay about how much fun she had.
No comments:
Post a Comment