Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tough Loss Redux

I didn't really expect us to beat Stanford the second go-around in the Pac-12 championship in Tempe, although I secretly hoped we would.  Going to the Rose Bowl would've been a dream.  And it'll stay that way, at least for another year.  I thought it'd be a closer game and we'd be more in it; instead, we were almost out by the middle of the 2nd quarter.  We had some chances in the 3rd quarter to make it interesting but couldn't get any plays.  Being without #1 RB Marion Grice hurt, then losing his replacement (and the one guy on offense who really came out to play) DJ Foster really hurt.  Credit really goes to the Stanford offense, especially QB Kevin Hogan, who executed flawlessly in the 1st half and made big plays in 1 on 1 match-ups.  Their RB Gaffney got the game's MVP but it should've been Hogan in my book.

Off to San Diego to play Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl.  Coach and I plan on going to the game.  Sure hope it's a better result than the last two (a heartbreaking loss to Kansas State in 2003 and a blowout by Texas in 2007).  Should be a pretty high-scoring game.  I hope our defense exacts some revenge on T Tech for their slow-start and shellacking they took last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment