I signed both girls up for the 1 mile dash and myself for the 10K for this year's Nun Run. Unfortunately, Jacopone was out of town and Kevin couldn't make it down, so it was just me. But, without Jack there, I managed to take second place in the Division with a time of 47 minutes even, 7th overall, roughly a 7:30 pace. Pretty good for me. The girls enjoyed running their mile. JoJo made it about halfway with my help. MM made it about 2/3 of the way before realizing I wasn't there and stopping to find someone to help her. Of course, Bobbins and I didn't know where she was, and it was a little scary. Fr. Kline announced her name on the PA while I started trotting out to find her. She did exactly what she was supposed to, thankfully, and all was well. Still, more of a scare than we would've liked.
Bobbins and the kids played at the playground while waiting for me, and met me at the finish line. It was fun to run into the chute with them.
I got a little medal for 2nd place in the Division. This is our friend Justin who ran the 5K.
JoJo, the big star, was featured prominently in the Catholic Sun's write-up about the race.



.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment