Sunday, December 13, 2015

Camping 2016

We hooked up with the Schaefers as usual and Jacopone once again for our annual overnight camping trip east of Payson. There was no road construction, so we found a good spot on the south side of 260. It was Karin's first time camping. I kept telling her it'll be cold, cramped, and loud (with kids) at night, so I think she was as prepared as she could've been. I planned to sleep outside the tent but ended up hauling my bag in there. All seven of us plus The Dog squeezed in; it actually wasn't too bad. Booch managed to squirm way outside his blanket but didn't get too cold. Kevin, Jacopone, and I made a little lean-to. We did a little shooting. We had a nice hike and a good religious conversation (with some drinks) over the fire at night. Poor Booch had to borrow his sisters' old winter PJs.

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have never been camping with so many kids! I expect that they would have all had a great time and would have enjoyed having so much space to run free. It looks like you were camping in a lovely spot and that Karin had a good first camping trip.

    Andrea Wilkins @ Getaway Outdoors

    ReplyDelete