Our garage, as a former carport, didn't have any outlets, and the lights on the front of the garage were wired to the front porch switch. The garage door switches needed to be moved to by the door to the house, rather than on a post toward the front. I also wanted to run a line to the west end of the house so Bobbins could have power & light for her chickens. While at it, I wired a light into the attic and we ran a line to the east end of the house. I had to pay an electrician $400 to put two new circuits in the breaker box and run them to 2 junction boxes in the attic. From there we ran all the wiring, and put three new outlets in the garage, along with a floodlight and outlet on the west side and a motion-tripped floodlight on the east side. Still need to get new automatic night-time sensor fixtures for the garage front, but overall it was a fun project and I was pleased at myself, my dad, and uncle Jack. I had a quote for the whole project and it would've cost $1600. So we saved roughly $1K doing it ourselves.
It was quite a task crawling around that fireplace, but I made it. The pic at right is the tricky way we had to run the garage opener switch wire.




No comments:
Post a Comment