Friday, April 27, 2018

MM's First Shoot; 38 Revolver

While up at the cabin to take Gaia & Marco (another Italian exchange student living near us) to the Grand Canyon, I took the kids out shooting, and MM got to shoot a real gun, my little Ruger 1022, for the first time. She didn't do too bad.

I also got to shoot a new [to me] gun, my grandfather's old 38 revolver. He was a Phoenix policeman and won the gun in a shooting contest. It sat in my mom's safe deposit box for the last 30 years until she moved to Arizona and gave it to me. I got it cleaned. It worked like a charm after probably sitting unused for at least 50 years. It's a small piece with not much of a grip, so harder to shoot. It packs a lot of firepower in the small frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment