Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New ASU Uniforms

ASU unveiled new uniforms today after much hype.  The cynic in me knew it was just hype, but it turned out to be pretty effective.  They did create quite a buzz.  Change is inevitable, but I feared they would come up with something atrocious.  The final results weren't that bad.  I am not a big fan of black but that's pretty common.  The maroon and gold jerseys didn't really change all that much.  The biggest change is the football helmets, which now feature a devil's fork instead of Sparky.


We all know the real reason for the change -- money.  Not the interest of the fans or a push by boosters, but an effort to bring in more money.  Sadly, college athletics, especially football and basketball, is all about that these days.  If ASU goes the route of Oregon, which has an odious cottage industry in uniforms and marketing, I might become less of a fan.  Thankfully they haven't gone that far (for now...).

1 comment:

  1. Really its a nice post about ASU uniforms.Can you tell me the exact procedure of finding that uniform?

    Bicycle Uniform

    ReplyDelete