Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bonnets and Baskets

Our neighborhood put on a parade and an egg hunt for Easter. The parade "Bonnets and Baskets" started at the end of Mulberry street and we marched our way to the LDS grass to hunt for eggs.
I got right to making their bonnets. I found a Mormon trek website with a pattern and the gills bonnets came out cute as ever. In fact I almost think this is one of the best things that I have made. I am ready to finish the prairie costume any day now.






Margaret had a great time. As soon as she had permission to go gather eggs, she gathered while the boys hunted, she bolted and literally grabbed everyone she could see. A boy tried to take one of her eggs from the basket and she practically pushed him over and screamed NO. I couldn't help but laugh while saying "we can share Margaret".

 

She was really cute and enjoyed her sucker. The children were able to get their faces painted and the artist did a great job. Believe it or not JoJo sat pretty well for her that I really didn't need to hold her in a head lock. Margaret did a great job too and because it was their first time with face painting I was a pretty proud mom.



1 comment: