Monday, July 30, 2012

Thanks Officers

Bit of excitement in the neighborhood tonight.  I'm in the alley catty-corner to our house, finishing Olden's walk, trying to get home by 7:15 for S, when I hear a commotion in the house on the corner.  A younger gal owns and lives there with her boyfriend, but they're gone for long stretches of time, including now.  Just as I come around the fence I hear the house alarm go off and a black couple (young man and woman) hurrying out, he carrying a flat screen TV, her some other electronics.  They hustled to a newer black SUV parked in the street and sped away.  There was still plenty of sunlight and I was able to get the car's license plate.

I walked home and dialed 911, relayed to the dispatcher what happened, then waited a few minutes until the first officer arrived.  A second one pulled up and they cleared the house.  Three others arrived on the scene within another few minutes.  They took my statement and had me wait in case they located the burglars, so that I could positively ID them.  Unfortunately, the get-away vehicle was stolen so I didn't get the chance, at least for now.

Thanks to the police department for responding so quickly and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment