The plan was for us and our friends to haul the families up to the cabin for Labor Day wkend, but the women didn't feel like roughing it, and I didn't feel like having all the kids for two nights, so we just went up for one. Karin, JoJo, Booch, and I left Sun. morning after Mass at St. Joe's. We unloaded at the cabin, then headed out to the shooting spot. Zach drove up too, with Margaret riding with him. I tried to talk Karin into shooting, but she refused. Kevin eventually joined us with his boys and Sienna. I got to shoot my new Glock, which was fun, and shooting that .22 Ruger rifle is always a good time. After a couple hours, we returned to the cabin and the fire pit next to the garage. We chopped wood, built a fire, and grilled some meat for dinner.
I was a little worried about the sleeping arrangements, but it worked out fine. Jip started out on the floor next to her sister, but eventually she joined Booch and I in the bed. We had a quick breakfast and a nice long walk "around the block" before driving back to Phx. The traffic was ok. We ended up stopping at McD's on the way home, like we did in Flag on the way up. Karin didn't seem to be as scared of the mice as Julia was, and said she had a good time. I'll get her to shoot a gun yet...






No comments:
Post a Comment