While I was on that two week work trip, Bobbins loaded up the kids and took off for California. She didn't want to sit around the house while I was gone, and I don't blame her, although it was a lot for her to take on. The worst part was that she dropped her phone in the ocean at Mike and Nadia's and lost all the photos. She had to resort to an old school blackberry-like phone. She also stopped for one night at my Mom and Steve's. She had Mike's kids in tow when she drove to Bullhead.
I flew home from Wash D.C. to Las Vegas, and my Dad & Zach picked me up. The next day we had a big lake day courtesy of my sister Katie. She and my dad rented a waverunner and a boat. They staked us out a beach. We parked at the dam (big savings in time and momeny) and met my dad in the boat to be ferried to the spot. Owen loved the waverunner, of course, because it's like a motorcycle on the water. The girls also loved it. We had plenty of junk food and enjoyed hanging out. I especially appreciated having Dallas and Annakendall there.
We stayed in a VRBO near Silver Creek that actually worked out quite well (kitchen and laundry) and was as cheap as a hotel room in Laughlin. Rather than golf, I stayed in with Bobbins and the kids Sunday after Mass. We were thrilled to see Fr. Peter one last time before he retired. We even got him to smile!
We had some nice BBQ dinners at my Dad & Jay's. I had Monday off so we had all day to get back to Phoenix and to reality.

No comments:
Post a Comment