Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wednesday in NY



Bobbins took a bus tour Wednesday. She tried to visit the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Shrine, but it was closed.

That night we ate at a delicious taco joint called Los Tacos No. 1, then went to see Aladdin on Broadway. We were in the cheap seats up at the very top, the nosebleed section, packed in tight. Bobbins left for a bit, I thought to go to the bathroom. A female usher (from Brazil originally) came over to get me, and I thought something bad had happened, like Bobbins went into labor. Turns out, she had talked the gal into giving us handicap seats since Bobbins looked 49 weeks pregnant. Score! The show was good. Top notch acting and singing.


We then walked around Times Square to see it at night and feel the energy. I must be getting old because I was more tired than invigorated by it. Bobbins, of course, got me into a street performance. These guys were doing jumps and other semi-acrobatics and needed victims to jump over. It took a long time and wasn't really that cool. Here's a slow-mo video. I'm in the front, or the far left, or the first guy being jumped.









No comments:

Post a Comment