I was home on paternity leave when I got the devastating news that my good friend at work, Sean, died of a massive heart attack. He would start every work day by running up five flights of stairs before going to his desk. Evidently, his ticker wasn't up for it that day and he perished. Sean started a month before me and we hung out outside of the office, especially on the golf course. He had a PhD in physics from ASU but also rode dirt bikes on the weekends. He was one of the smartest and most helpful guys in our group. He was a great guy who is greatly missed. Myself, Dennis (in the green shirt), and Mary C spoke at his funeral. I will never forget the anguished face of his poor father, Mike, who had just lost his wife of 60 years (Sean's mother) the previous year.
Rest In Peace brother.
(Photo from the VdM charity golf tournament in 2015. Both guys on the right meant a lot to me, and they're both gone.)

No comments:
Post a Comment