Who ever said that if anyone said that has not tried to make a rose with frosting. I found this awesome Rose cake tutorial and tried 3 times to make it a success. And third time was not a charm. I made cupcakes and thought I better practice this so called rose. I learned a few things: The frosting must be cold. You need the right size tip. You need perseverance.
The first time, using the wrong size tip, too small, the rainbow chip frosting could not squeeze out the end. So it looked like goop balls and I never finished the roses. That was a disaster. Good thing it was for a neighborhood party. Fortunately the cake was good regardless of the ugly poop frosting balls on top. Second attempt, cream cheese frosting. I figured I couldn't use my favorite rainbow chip because of the chips not fitting through the frosting tip. So I used yet again the wrong size tip with warm frosting. Still the cake was delicious but this time it was simply spirals and nothing that resembled a rose or a flower of any sort at all. This cake took 2 16 oz cans of frosting. Notice I didn't even cover the whole cake.


No comments:
Post a Comment