Saturday, March 24, 2012

2012 Nun Run

Two Saturdays ago was the 3rd annual Nun Run.  It was the same course as last year, in Tempe, which was okay.  I'm not a fan of the 10K being the 5K twice, because then you have to pass all the slow 5K runners and walkers on your second loop.  As usual, I finished ahead of the fastest woman, for whatever that's worth.  The Schaefers bailed on us, which sucked for Bobbins especially, but we saw a number of other folks we know and had some good chats afterward.
        

       

In the picture above, that's me in the blue shirt behind Sister.  In this picture, I'm trying to break out of the pack.  The guy in the white cap w/ the ipod earphones in is the doctor that delivered MM and Josie.





Near the end of the first loop, so just shy of the halfway point.  The girls were playing in a playground right behind the camera.







I was racing toward the finish line, but MM couldn't resist running out to cheer me on.
      



Sure hard to beat those cheers of "Yay Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment