Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Boulder Canyon Hike

The other day I read about Boulder Canyon, near Canyon Lake, and what a great hike it was.  AK agreed to join the girls and I and we set off a couple Saturdays back.  We could've brought more water, and AK had a hard time hauling JoJo on her back the whole time, but it was pretty fun, especially trekking down the aptly named Boulder Creek.  At one point I had to leave them behind to make sure it was passable.  The dogs loved playing in and drinking the natural water pools.  AK was skeptical we'd make it out until we saw some other people, which I comment on at the very end of the clip.  I had to carry both girls the final way, and we lapped up ice water from the marina bar on the drive home.  Very scenic out there in the Superstitions, confirming that area as the best place to hike near Phoenix.  Memorable time.

For some reason blogger's not letting me embed the youtube clip, so here's the link
http://youtu.be/HOYJmgGzD0M


No comments:

Post a Comment