Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life of Pi

On our annual date at the Santa Anita Mall this year, Bobbins and I checked out Life of Pi.  The best showtime was in 3D, so we sprang a few extra bucks, and it ended up being worth it.  The scene where the ship sinks and Pi is stranded in the water looking down the ocean swallows it was very well done and impressive with three dimensions.  Another scene involving Richard Parker making a special appearance was a lot more terrifying in 3D.  There were also lots of brilliant colors.  The movie was pretty good, in general, with solid acting and some great effects.  Apparently Richard Parker was completely CGI, which I would've never guessed.  Having read the book, the plot and reveal at the end didn't grip me as much as others.  Bobbins was gripped enough but didn't like the way the moral/theme was revealed at the end.  She thought it was too dumbed down, which it was.  This is one I would recommend for the theater, even in 3D, although by the time you read this it'll probably be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment