Saturday, October 10, 2015

Accommodations and Dining

The best part about Tennessee was the accommodations and dining therein. We had two massive cabins, each with three stories and many bedrooms and bathrooms. Katie and the kids and I got two bedrooms and our own bathroom downstairs. Each room had queen size bunks. Kate and the girls slept in the bottom bunk closest to the bathroom, while Booch and I took the corner room with the patio. Outside our rooms were the movie room and the air hockey table. Ryan, my cousin from Houston, was in the rooms across from us. Mavis and her three had the "master suite" on the ground level, off the living room. All the 2nd generation (sons & daughters of Jack, Dave, and Phil) were in their own cabin next to us, while all the grandkids and their kids (us) were in the crazy house.

Tom organized everyone into groups to make dinner each night. I was in charge of dinner on Wed. night. Becky and two of my TX cousins and I went to the store Wed. morning to pick up chicken and few other ingredients, but we decided to use the leftovers from the previous two nights to make some caseroles. Turned out great. We all ate together, which made for some great conversations and lots of noise. You bond so much better living and eating together.

No comments:

Post a Comment