Friday I decided to take my kids to Dollywood with Katie. Aunt Mel, Mavis, and her kids came with us. My dad and Uncle Jack tackled the golf course again, on their own. It wasn't too crowded at D-wood. I thought it'd be hokey and very southern and music-y, basically very Dolly Parton, but it's a legit theme park with real rides (in addition to the hokey stuff). We started by watching a show by a China-men who made huge bubbles, then I took all the kids on the raft ride and got soaked.
From there we did some other smaller rides for my girls, then some bigger roller coasters for Leebree and D Shea and Kate.
The little kids went on the water ride where you're on a ship with water cannons, squirting targets and people on 'land' (who are shooting water back at you). They loved it, and Owen & I had fun squirting his sisters.
Owen spent most of the time on my back like this, or on Mavis's back. He wore that hat a little bit of the time.
It was right about after the water ship ride that we lost D Shea. We were all together, heading toward the exit at the other end of the park, when I noticed D Shea wasn't with us. Within a couple minutes we realized she wasn't anywhere near us. Aunt Mel and Mavis started to panic a little, and Mavis found a park employee. I knew she had to be close by and started walking way back, even past the water ship ride. Sure enough there she was, wandering around. I had a big smile as we walked to the reunion with Mavis and Aunt Mel, mostly because I knew we'd find her, and I did.
Dollywood was fairly expensive, like all theme parks these days, but a good time.






No comments:
Post a Comment