Seeing as I never had a sister, going over board with sister outfits is in my blood. I think maybe once or twice most likely once, I had a matching outfit with my cousin. The only time I remember was for a Chirstmas picture. We both had the same dress. I rememebr standing in front of the tree feeling like I had a sister and that it was so awesome and special. The dresses were a taffita plaid with a black velvet corset top. I couldn't tell you where the photo is if my life depended on it.
How wonderful it was to be connected to my cousin, until she was too cool for that. Then again I was by myself. Unless of course you count looking like a boy and therefore by default I matched one of my four brothers.
In the game of sisterhood matching we have a winning duo. My husbands grandmother bestowed upon us a few sets of pillow cases that were hand embroidered. I hated to throw or donate them so with a few snips and stitches I turned them into dresses. One for each gill.
Since I was on a role with the machine I also made us a few skirts for a cowboy party. Thanks to Aunt Katie for the red boots that completed Marcelly's outfit.
I am sure at some point, hopefully not soon, the girls will say no mommy I want to wear my own outfit or I am tired of matching mommy no. But until that times comes I will match my their little hearts out.

Suzanne, that was such a heartfelt and honest post. I am really so happy for you to have girls to match and match with now. Plus they can enjoy the pleasures and pains of hand me downs!
ReplyDelete