From Arches, we planned to drive to Grand Junction, CO, where I had a hotel reservation. I figured there'd be somewhere to eat on I-70 on the way there, but alas, there was only a gas station and nasty food. Bobbins made due. We nearly hit a deer just west of Grand Junction. Out of nowhere it sprinted onto the freeway in front of us as we were going about 75mph. We pulled into our hotel around 10pm. Luckily, we had called ahead to keep our reservation, because the hotel was fully booked. We got the handicapped room, which left plenty of room for Fish in the PnP in the bathroom.
He woke up that Sunday morning with the worst blowout poop I have ever seen. I got to clean it out by hand in the shower, which had terrible water pressure. One of the pant legs of his one-sie was full of crap.
We had a very nice Mass at St. Joseph Catholic Church in downtown Grand Junction. Then we found a great local restaurant nearby for a delicious breakfast. Off we headed to Denver in the afternoon. The drive along I-70 and the Colorado River was stunning. I actually enjoyed being behind the wheel for once. We stopped in Vail to stretch our legs. The skiing season had just ended (although there were people still on the slopes way up in the mountains), so it was dead. The kids played on a pirate ship park and we found a high quality ski pole in a stream. We rolled into Denver about 6pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment