Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Santa Fe

We just had Sunday morning for Santa Fe. We had a nice Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis, including a great, orthodox homily by a new priest. We strolled around the town square a bit, with Owen finding some motorcycles and obsessively saying "toto" until we put him on one. Then we visited the Loretto Chapel. I don't think Bobbins appreciated it as much as I did, and probably not the girls, but hopefully they remember it. It was something I really wanted to take them to see. I remembered it vividly from 2004.


What a cool miracle! Even the wood is an unknown, non-native specimen. I wonder if they will ever take the railing down to restore it to its original.

From Santa Fe, we drove all the way home to Phoenix, stopping in Payson for dinner, at Taco Bell. Thankfully I had the following day, Memorial Day, off to recover. But what a fun, adventurous trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment