Saturday, February 18, 2012

Front bench make over

If you have been to our house recently or not even recently you would have noticed that our front bench was looking a little worn out. The white paint was chipping and the cushion had a huge popsicles stain from last summer that I was to lazy to wash out. Why wash when you can make over!
I cut off the arm rails and took off the top of the front legs with a hand saw and a jig saw. (Honey I'm sorry I broke the jig saw blade). But doesn't it look cute! If you look closely at the picture of the girls in the background you can see the bench and the hand rails that are no longer there.
I bought yellow toile fabric to cover cushions with but when I went to Goodwill to find cushions to cover, I found these awesome Cost Plus World Market ones for $4.99. I can recover them when I get tired of the stripes.

I was in a hurry for a new project that I forgot to take before pictures so these will have to spark your memory. Whoops!




Remember how gross it was? I didn't even want to set my groceries on it. But now ...







Next on my list is to paint the mail box black and get a new front porch light. (I love you Mr. Bikes)

No comments:

Post a Comment