Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Munninger chair recover

Finally a project for someone else. Even though I stress about the client seeing the mistake, I try to remind myself, you are doing this for free and most likely they can't do it any way so yours is automatically better. (Although Aunt Jessica can do it YIKES!)

Since my sister in law is having her first baby it takes a lot of money to get started. Some people will buy you the big stuff but not likely. Although I think our parents got us a car seat which was a big ticket item. So when I say some people I mean your friends. Which is fine, because ultimately you just want support anyway...and a glider chair! I was suppose to be getting a white t-shirt for Margarets dress I got brown, seen here, and a cushion for our front bench, seen here. When I came across this glider I thought, "Hey why not store another baby item for them?" So far we have their crib, their stroller, and now their glider. Seeing as it was only $19.99 I called them up and suggested we get it. In Aunt Jessica's sweet voice she says ok but you can tell what she is really saying is I haven't even seen this in person and I am suppose to buy this huge thing? Its from Goodwill. Fortunately she trusts me and the purchase was made.





So you can see how gross the cover is. I thought well wash it. But then I thought. OMG I could recover it!
And baby Munninger glider recover project launched


I used the old cover as my pattern. I was just about to cut when I realized that my stripes would not match up when on the chair. Whew! I rearranged them and then went to work.




And then my awesome little tufting touch.


P.S. I left the Goodwill sale stickers for you to peel off
I am the best



No comments:

Post a Comment