Friday, February 10, 2012

Make me a cake with extra frosting

Before Christmas our neighbor Wendy Sue gave us her old toy kitchen set that her dad had made for her when she was a little girl. At first it sat out on the north side of the house and collected dust until Christmas Eve when daddy started to sand and clean and begin the rebirth of vintage.



















Christmas Eve... came and went. Christmas Day... came and went. Saturday after Saturday came and went till we decided that this kitchen would be for Margaret's birthday. Which has not happened yet, but somehow the kitchen is in the girls room and is the object of their affection. Ours too. "Mama, mama, mamammamamama" "oh hi honey go make mama a cake with extra frosting". And off they run providing me with an extra few seconds.



So daddy sanded, painted, and added a stain and epoxy to this beautiful piece of history. I added the pink lining and cleaned all the sets of kitchen ware.



























                                              Look out Rachel Ray her come the Paul girls.





2 comments:

  1. Suz, how did you not tell me about this! I bet you were so thrilled to get it. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I didn't tell you. I'm sure I did ;-). You'll love it. We can bake a cake together and be friends. So fun!

      Delete