Thursday, May 20, 2010
A diet from Diabetes
Amongst all the other woes and worries of this pregnancy it is no wonder that I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I say diagnosed because sounds the worst and it is the worst because bye bye sugars.
Here is a short excerpt from ADA.com. Gestational diabetes starts when your body is not able to make and use all the insulin it needs for pregnancy. Without enough insulin, glucose cannot leave the blood and be changed to energy. Glucose builds up in the blood to high levels. This is called hyperglycemia.So obviously altering the diet changes the glucose levels allowing the sugars in the blood to be changed into energy and leave the blood stream. Oh not so bad. Well when altering the diet comes into play changes the whole ballgame. Sad but true when we were worried about the other issues at least I could drown my sorrows in delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream or Oreos and milk. Now try drowning your sorrows in green beans and peas, practically gives you more sorrows. And for being pregnant and having cravings I tell you, no fun. Although on the bright side my husband says he will eat healthy too with me. Of course after I make him his chocolate chip pancakes. Encouraging. Wait till he eats his Friday lunch....a rice cake HA then we will see who is laughing. (BREW HAHAHAHAHA)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment