Sunday, May 16, 2010

Laundry Room Reno

S needed sewing space and had moved her old dining table into the laundry room for that end.  The room was too crowded, however.  We needed to create more space while keeping that table, which I really liked.  The solution was to cut the countertop and remove one of the base cabinets.  The space from the wall to the cabinets would perfectly accommodate the old dining table.

We took advantage of my dad being here to trim the countertop and get rid of the base cabinet.

This is an older photo of my dad installing the cabinets in the laundry room.  We couldn't find a photo of the room pre-reno.

S decided she wanted to paint the place before we put anything new in.  To the right of her is the space we created by cutting the countertop and removing the base cabinet.



Too bad this had to get covered up...

S wanted decorative pegboard above the table to hang her crafty gadgets.  We took some old chair rail for a frame.

Marcelly made sure I cut the 45s the right way.  And yes, I used one of the old locker doors as a bench, propped by two lawn chairs, way to go me for being inovative. Really I was to lazy to get out the real saw horse :) 




The painted wall before we hung the pegboard.


We ended up doing alright,after a few debates, cutting the hole for the electrical outlet.


S making some adjustments and rocking my workout shorts.


We added a shelf over the window for storage.  It makes the room a little heavy but we needed it.  S also had some paper to the cabinet's facing.  So nice to have room to walk in there now, and for S to be able to leave her sewing machine and surger out.

We especially her are very happy with the turn out.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! It's even better than I had imagined :)

    I love the whole thing, but I have to say that the peg board is genius. I can't wait to see all the gadgets up there!

    Here we come sewing play-dates at the Bobbins N' Bikes pad!!

    ReplyDelete