The amazing bobbin (S) tracked down some of the old Nancy Drew books for only 67cents each. We've seen these in antique stores for up to $5 each. I loved the Hardy Boys books when I was kid, and hopefully our girls will get into these.
At the SAVERS on Thomas and 56th street. They were originally $1.something but the lady asked me if they were children books and I said yes and she said ok 67 cents and counted them up and then said if you buy 10 you get 2 free so I got 2 free also. Then after she rang me up and I had paid she saw the price tags and said oh well have a good day. It was great! Thanks SAVERS lady.
I LOVE Nancy Drew books! I think that by the time I was 10 or so I had read the entire collection at our local library. In the summers, I would stay up all night reading them....
That makes the story even better. I love getting a good deal from someone nice.
And Jenny, that sounds exactly like my childhood. I would check out as many as I could at a time (does that say much about the reading level?). But I did not have those lovely old copies, so I feel like somehow I missed something.
Nice find. Where did you get them?
ReplyDeleteAt the SAVERS on Thomas and 56th street. They were originally $1.something but the lady asked me if they were children books and I said yes and she said ok 67 cents and counted them up and then said if you buy 10 you get 2 free so I got 2 free also. Then after she rang me up and I had paid she saw the price tags and said oh well have a good day. It was great! Thanks SAVERS lady.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Nancy Drew books! I think that by the time I was 10 or so I had read the entire collection at our local library. In the summers, I would stay up all night reading them....
ReplyDeleteThat makes the story even better. I love getting a good deal from someone nice.
ReplyDeleteAnd Jenny, that sounds exactly like my childhood. I would check out as many as I could at a time (does that say much about the reading level?). But I did not have those lovely old copies, so I feel like somehow I missed something.