It was tough, of course. MM cried throughout almost the whole Mass. I did one of the readings, as did Paul, who chose them and the music. Fr. Steve gave a nice homily and recited a wonderful poem by Henry Van Dyke (with a couple changes) that was powerful. There he was gone, but those on the other side were shouting "There he is!" Thank God for the Mass and our faith to sustain us through it. Also our friends who made it out to support us. There were several people that I know of who only met Jack once or twice but were so affected they came to his funeral.
The graveside service was short & sweet. Mike, then me, then Paul, and finally Nadia (awkwardly) spoke from our hearts. Jack was cremated and is buried with his two cousins, who also died young from accidents. Aunt Patty hosted a reception at Pip & Noelle's.
I think the girls learned a lot and had some personal growth, if there's a positive to this experience.
We love and miss you Jack.
No comments:
Post a Comment