Friday, December 30, 2016

Maggie's Place Run 2016

I'm a little out of order, as this year's Maggie's Place Run was before Baby Jack's birth. In fact, I thought for sure the little stinker was going to be born that morning so that we couldn't head out to Tempe for the event. Thankfully, he waited. And also thankfully, Coach came along to watch the kids. Bobbins stayed home to rest. The Schaefers joined us this year.

Kevin and I finished 31st and 32nd, respectively, in the men's 10K. We both came in at just under 52 minutes, which is roughly just over 8 min miles. Not bad considering it rained on us the whole way and we are getting old (at least I am).
Last year the kids' dash got rained out, and sure enough, so did this year. Coach slipped in the mud and hurt his hip. He consoled himself by wolfing down a bunch of the free hand-outs from the booths. I think I ended up with two boxes of granola bars before everyone folded up to avoid the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment