Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Josephine
I accompanied her to the recovery room for the first battery of tests. I was amazed at the amount and color of her hair. MM had almost the same amount but darker, like her mom's. This was brown blonde, a lot like mine. I was glad she didn't look exactly like me, as MM did. She has a very round face.
All morning I prayed about the name. "Josephine" (one of the three finalists) fit, especially after I walked by the large statue of St. Joseph at the hospital entrance (it's St. Joe's Hospital). There's lots of ways to derive nicknames off Josephine, which suits me, and it's traditional and religious for Bobbins, who really likes "Josie."
Like an old pro, Josie took right to her mom. Bobbins was a lot more prepared for this moment this go round.
It really is one of the proudest moment of your life. The rush of joy, happiness, thanksgiving, and spirituality is amazing.
She was born at 7:18am 28 June, weighed 7lb 12oz, and was 19" long. She has no middle name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
congratulations, Doug! so happy for you that Josie is finally in your life and your wife's. she's absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteCongrats you crazy kids!
ReplyDeleteWell, that answers Jeremy's question about a middle name. :) We can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is beautiful, and it looks like MM is already on top of the big sis thing. Two = twice the fun!
ReplyDeleteHip Hip Hurray!:) Congratulations!:)
ReplyDeleteThank God Mom and baby Josephine are thriving and Dad is as pleased as punch, while her elder sister is getting used to sharing her Mom and Dad's love. God bless all four of you.
Thank you everybody.
ReplyDeleteThere is no middle name because josephine is long enough. Plus We liked the initials JP. Doug's uncle Jack has the same initials with no middle and I am a family copy cat. Why reinvent the wheel?
That answers a lot of questions. Oh the nicknames I can come up with for the newest Paul. So blessed. I am so glad you have this website. Love the pictures.
ReplyDelete