I was organizing for an upcoming party and when all was said and done, the shelf came crashing down. We were in the family room talking and the sound of broken dishes came ringing to every ear hair I have. I just said I can't go, please tell me it was not the Christmas dishes. "Well, um..." "Oh dear Lord help me, they are just plates and can be replaced." Every Christmas, starting at about age 10 till about 18, I was given a place setting of Spode Christmas dishes. At the time it was annoying but now priceless. As soon as Advent starts out comes the beauty of the tree and and all its glory. We picked up the pieces and had to move on. The good news is that the top plate in each china cover was the only one that was broken, to my knowledge. I suppose I willl find out this Advent. Since I have already started Marcelly on her set, I will take hers and re buy, at some point, for her again. After all she won't be using them for awhile.
Oh no! I know how much those meant to you. How devastating. I'm so sorry. I hope Santa brings you a new set this year... hint hint :)
ReplyDelete