Sunday, June 27, 2010

US Loses, Is Out of World Cup

Pretty bummed with the result yesterday.  They came out flat and tentative and gave up an early goal, per their unfortunate m.o.  I don't know why Bradley messed with the lineup.  He's a Phoenix native, great, but Robbie Findley didn't deserve to start, and it painfully showed when he did next to nothing with a great opportunity in the first half.  I liked how they came out hard to start the second half and created lots of chances, including the penalty kick.  But of course they lost concentration and gave up the winning goal at the start of extra time.  Sucked to be knocked out by Ghana, like in 2006.

Coach Bradley made the right moves against Algeria but his performance in this match means some serious re-evaluation of his tenure.  The son Bradley had a great tournament; I expect a lot of him in the future.  Landy Cakes Donovan scored three goals and came up big at points.  Clint Dempsey remains one of my favorite players; look forward to seeing him continue to scrap for shots.  Tim Howard was solid but had a couple lapses.  He should be in goal for the US for a long time.  Jozy Altidore was huge at points but was nowhere to be seen against Ghana.  He should mature better (I also think he was hurt yesterday).

Looking forward to '14 in Brazil...

No comments:

Post a Comment